AN EVENING WITH DR. ALAN WOLFELT
3Hopeful Hearts is proud to host Dr. Alan Wolfelt
September 21st, 2021, 6:00- 8:00PM
Timberline Church: South Auditorium
Tending to Your Broken Heart When Someone Dies: Hope For Your Healing
Dr. Alan Wolfelt is one of North America’s leading grief counselors and the author of many best-selling books about healing in grief. This compassionate program will acknowledge that loss is an unavoidable part of human life, but it doesn’t have to prevent you from living well. The content of this evening program is based on Dr. Wolfelt’s book, First Aid for Broken Hearts.
Why this program?
This is an opportunity to learn some essential information that Dr. Wolfelt has learned in his four decades of “companioning” thousands of people in grief. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from a best-selling author about how to integrate grief into your life, your living, and your loving. If you know anyone who would benefit from this opportunity to embrace hope and healing, please let them know about this program. We look forward to having you, your family, and your friends join us.
Agenda: Among the content areas to be explored in this program are the following:
- Broken Hearts: A Broader Framework for Loss
- Exploring the “Ripple Effect” of Grief: Loss of Self, Security, Meaning
- Understanding the Value of Convalescence
- Distinguishing Grief from Mourning
- The Unique Influences on Your Grief
- Describing Potential Dimensions of Your Response
- Identifying the Six Central Needs of Mourning
- Understanding Your Self-Care Essentials
- Hope for Your Healing: Reconciliation versus Resolution
About the Presenter: Dr. Alan Wolfelt is a noted author, educator, and grief counselor. Recipient of the Association for Death Education and Counseling’s Death Educator Award, he serves as the Director of the Center for Loss and Life Transition (www.centerforloss.com) in Fort Collins, CO. He is also a faculty member of the University of Colorado Medical School’s Department of Family Medicine.